On arrival check into the hotel.
Visit the serene Umngot River- Also known as the cleanest river in Asia and known for its crystal clear water (Depends on the weather conditions).
Later on proceed to the Mwallynnong village, also referred as ‘God’s own garden’ has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia in 2003. It's a community based eco-tourism initiative. The village offers picturesque natural beauty, friendly locals some interesting sites.
After breakfast drive towards Cherrapunjee. Enroute visit the magnificent Elephant falls.
Cherrapunjee in Meghalaya is one of the wettest places on the planet and the only place in India to receive rain throughout the year. The town of Cherrapunjee is nestled in the East Khasi Hills about 50 km southwest of the state’s capital, Shillong.
Explore the Mawsamai Cave, Seven Sister Falls, Dainthlen Waterfalls.
Later return to your hotel in Umtyngar .
Overnight at homestay
Day 04 Double Decker root bridge Trek +Drive to Shillong
Start early today (by 7.30 am) and head towards Nongriat village. Which is the starting point for the legendry double decker living root bridge. It’s a moderate trek and one has to climb up and down a total of 3500 steps (approx.). Once you go about 50 steps down - you feel cut off from the world and totally immersed in peaceful greenery. All along this trail, there are a variety of small shops selling bottled water, chips, fruit, and other refreshments.
These piece of manmade structure (with the help of nature) is a must-visit and has many stunning views with amazing, lush green surroundings and a highly biodiverse flora and fauna. However, it requires a lot of stamina, especially while coming up.
After the trek, return to Shillong.
In the evening, enjoy a nice warm Bonfire (subject to availability and weather).
***END OF TOUR***
Note: Our emphasis is on to provide neat and clean accommodation at best locations with basic amenities.
|Shillong||La serene or similar||Breakfast||Twin/Triple|
|Umtyngar||River side resort or similar||Breakfast & Dinner||Twin|
|Shillong||La serene or similar||Breakfast||Twin|
|Upto 5 Person||More than 5|
|Innova/Sumo/Bolero or any other SUV||Tempo Traveler|
- Room on sharing basis in standard hotels
- Meals as mentioned above
- Transportation as per the itinerary
- All Taxes
- International/Domestic flights & Visa
- Entrances and Adventure activities
- Airport tax or Insurance cover
- Items of personal nature
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as ‘INCLUDED’
- Any increase in Government taxes
Pick & Drop
- Pick up from Guwahati Airport by 1300 hrs
- Drop to Guwahati Airport by 1400 hrs
Mandatory Things to Pack
- Light woolens and Jackets
- Hiking boots and 2-3 pairs of warm socks
- Cotton T-shirts and full Pants
- Travelers have to make their own arrangements for arrival and departure from Guwahati airport
- Twin rooms (two separate beds in a room) are not readily available hence we will provide a double bed for two persons with two separate bedding (blankets/linen).
- Most of the hotels/camps are of standard category and the buffet meals are pretty basic having limited menu. However, hotels/camps do prefer to know your requirement a day prior and will be happy to serve you.
- Solo Travel India reserves the right of cancelling any travelers booking, if he/she is trying to create a ruckus amid tour
- It’s a group tour and hence travelers are requested to keep in mind the comfort of fellow travelers