At an altitude of 1750m, Gangtok became the state capital in the mid 19th century and has undergone rapid development since then. The downtown area is dominated by huge government buildings decorated with traditional Buddhist symbols.
In the evening, explore the local markets on your own.
After breakfast you will be driven to Lachen- a small village bordering the Tibetan region.
On arrival check in to your hotel. Day is at leisure to acclimatise the weather and the altitude. Explore the local village on your own
Overnight at hotel
Later drive Lachung. On arrival check in to your hotel.
Later drive back to Gangtok. On arrival check in to your hotel.
***END OF TOUR***
Note: Our emphasis is on to provide neat and clean accommodation at best locations with basic amenities.
|Gangtok||White Conch Residency or similar||Breakfast||Twin/Triple|
|Lachen||Rufina Lachen or similar||Breakfast & Dinner||Twin|
|Lachung||Magellan-Golden Bridge or similar||Breakfast & Dinner||Twin|
|Upto 5 Person||More than 5|
|Innova/Xylo||2 or more Innova/Xylo|
- Room on twin/triple share basis
- Meals as mentioned above
- Transportation by Non Ac Vehicle
- Entry permits for sensitive areas
- All Taxes
- International/Domestic flights & Visa
- Entrance Tickets to monuments/parks/heritage sites
- Visit to Nathu-la pass
- Airport tax or Insurance cover
- Items of personal nature
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as 'INCLUDED'
- Any increase in Government taxes
Pick & Drop
- Pick up from Bagdogra airport by 1300 on Day 1
- Drop to Bagdogra airport by 1300 Hrs on Day 7
Mandatory Things to Pack
- Heavy woolen, Body warmers and Jackets
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen & Cap
- Hiking shoes and 2-3 pairs of warm socks
- Cotton T-shirts and full Pants
- Tour will start and end from Bagdogra airport.
- You are requested to arrive by 1230 hrs on day 1. For departure, you can book any flight after 1400 Hrs.
- Travelers have to make their own arrangements for arrival and departure.
- Voter id card/Passport/Driving license issued by the Indian authorities is required for the permits.
- Travelers will be taken to tourist places/monuments as per the itinerary, which they have to explore themselves.
- Travelers should have to maintain decorum and Should listen to their tour leaders
- Twin rooms (two separate beds in a room) are not readily available hence we will provide a double bed for two persons with two separate bedding (blankets/linen).
- Most of the hotels/camps are of standard category and the buffet meals are pretty basic having limited menu. However, hotels/camps do prefer to know your requirement a day prior and will be happy to serve you.
- Itinerary will take you to some high altitude problems and hence travelers having breathing or heart related issues should consult their doctors before starting their journey.
- Solo Travel India reserves the right of cancelling any travelers booking, if he/she is trying to create a ruckus amid tour
- It's a group tour and hence travelers are requested to keep in the mind the comfort of fellow travelers
- Culture & Heritage
- High Altitude lakes
- Natural Passes & Valleys